MacGourmet News


MacGourmet news, recipes and announcements


Thursday, June 14, 2007

MacGourmet 2.1.3 Now Available - Nutrition Sneak Peek


MacGourmet 2.1.3, another maintenance release, is now available. I've been doing a lot of recipe collection formatting and processing, so both this release and the last one are largely the result of that work. This release has a lot of library browser fixes and usability enhancements.

For a full list of changes, please see the release notes.

As always, MacGourmet 2.1.3 can be downloaded from the MacGourmet download page.

MacGourmet Nutrition Sneak Peek

In this update I'm also featuring a sneak peek of the nutritional database progress. This is only a partial screenshot, and some would call what I have right now vaporware, but I've been making really good progress on things lately. The UI is pretty much complete, and I'm in the process of tying up loose ends. The processes of making the actual nutritional calculations are also largely done, but I still need to do a lot of testing to make sure things are being done right. There are many special cases to handle, and I plan to put things through their paces as fully as I can to find any I've missed.

One thing I can tell you right now: you'll benefit greatly from having clean, consistent data. Things are really easy if the application can figure out your information. The harder that is, the more you'll have to interact with the process. I'm doing my best to make things as intuitive and easy as possible though, so even when you have to do work, it shouldn't be that bad. There's also a way to bend the nutritional analysis to your data as well, if you so choose. You'll find the screen shot sneak peek to the right.

Still coming soon, a sneak peek at the new widescreen mode...

2 Comments:

At 6/16/2007 10:05 PM, Blogger Joe's Blog said...

Awesome! Nutrional info is awesome and I will love the wide s c r e e n m o d e !!!

 
At 6/27/2007 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurraaaaaay!!! nutrition info.
you are my hero.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




For help or comments: macgourmet [at] advenio.com.