MacGourmet News


MacGourmet news, recipes and announcements


Friday, January 30, 2009

Announcing: MacGourmet touch - Take Your Recipes with You!


MacGourmet touch is now available exclusively from the iPhone App Store for $4.99.
With its simple, intuitive interface, MacGourmet touch, now available from the iPhone App Store, lets MacGourmet users transfer their recipes, shopping lists, wine notes and cooking notes from their desktop to their iPhone or iPod touch. Browsing recipes at a friends house, bringing shopping lists to the grocery store, these are just some of the great things that can now be done with MacGourmet and MacGourmet touch.

Minimum Requirements:
  • - iPhone or iPod touch running iPhone OS 2.2 or later
  • - MacGourmet 2.4/MacGourmet Deluxe 1.1 or later running on Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or later
  • - Wi-Fi connection or Wi-Fi equipped Mac for syncing

You can find more information, including setup help, on the MacGourmet touch page.

If you buy MacGourmet touch, and like it, a short positive App Store review would be appreciated. I don't normally solicit comments, but reviews in the App Store have tended to be "spotty" at best, so real, positive reviews that balance out any of those would help cut down on that potential "noise."

I'll have a follow up post about what to expect next for this app shortly, so keep an eye out here for that!

14 Comments:

At 1/30/2009 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This rocks... just purchased it, synced... and now got my shopping list, and recipes on my iPhone!

love the way you can also check off items on your shopping list as you go..

if you can get sharing between different macgourmet installs (like my macbook to the main mac upstairs) for updating from either machine, you'll rule :)

 
At 1/30/2009 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited - question - I don't want to use up so much space on my iphone - can I delete the recipes that come with? and if I only want to take some not all with me - I make a new list and sync only that list? (as you can see - I haven't had time to explore yet!)

 
At 1/30/2009 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so now I'm a little embarrassed - just finished my sync and I see that only my recipes, etc. are there...

 
At 1/30/2009 9:24 AM, Blogger Michael said...

@andreathurm: I hope to add more options in the future, but as you found, right now, there is no "merge" of information, MacGourmet touch is primarily a way for you to take your existing recipes, and info with you.

 
At 1/30/2009 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome news! Just purchased it and cant wait to run home and sync. Anything different from the Beta?

 
At 1/30/2009 10:42 AM, Blogger Branden Russell said...

THANKS! I'm so excited to have this. I bought it right away but I'm still waiting for MacGourmet Delux 1.1 so I can really try it out. I've been playing with the samples built in. Great app!

 
At 1/30/2009 10:48 AM, Blogger R said...

Yay! I got it purchased---however, I'm using Deluxe, so I'm awaiting that update from Mariner. Any ETA for that? Thanks!

 
At 1/30/2009 11:14 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Deluxe version 1.1 is in Mariner's hands, so it's just a matter of them pushing the new version out. Hopefully that will be soon...

 
At 1/30/2009 11:17 AM, Blogger Michael said...

Some people have asked about the MG touch sample recipes, which get replaced with your recipes when you sync. Once things settle down and I get some time, I'll look into making them available so that you can add them to your MacGourmet collection and sync them if you want. Some will be duplicates that already come with the product, but I'll see if there's an easy way to separate out those that aren't...

 
At 1/30/2009 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I've been checking the apple store obsessively since you posted that it had been approved finally. I decided to check again before I turned in last night just past midnight, and it was finally there!

I haven't had the chance to sync with my mac yet, but I've been playing with it on my touch and love it.

Don't want to pester you, but are you interested in feedback? Feature requests for the next version?

 
At 1/30/2009 8:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@naquada I keep my MacGourmet database in my DropBox folder (free from http://getdropbox.com) and it automatically syncs between my macs. It would also work with MobileMe's iDisk. The only catch is that you shouldn't have MacGourmet open on both machines at the same time.

 
At 1/31/2009 11:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This is wonderful. I just purchased Macgourment and I love it. I got the Iphone App and it came with some recipes that I was intersted in, however when I synced the App to my desktop, all of those recipes are gone. Is there anyway to get them back?

 
At 1/31/2009 12:10 PM, Blogger Michael said...

@Kristie: Please see my comment on 1/30 regarding making the other samples available...

 
At 1/09/2010 4:54 PM, Anonymous Walter said...

I was excited about the ability to sync MacGourmet with my iPhone, which I already use as a grocery list. I figure if I've already got the ingredients in a recipe, why re-type in a grocery list?

I was very disappointed by the syncing mechanism used in MacGourmet Touch, however. With all the seamless syncing found in other apps, why am I manually syncing through export/Bonjour with this one?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




For help or comments: macgourmet [at] advenio.com.