MacGourmet News


MacGourmet news, recipes and announcements


Monday, November 07, 2005

SimpleHuman: Quite Possibly the Apple of Kitchen Gadgets



I love it when I buy a product and instantly realize that the product maker really "gets it." Every time I purchase a product from Apple, from the purchasing process, to the box it comes in, to the packaging within the box, an finally to the actual product itself, quality and thought are in nearly every detail.

The same can be said for the products from SimpleHuman as well. Opening one of their boxes and taking out one of their products reminds me a lot of opening something from Apple. This is a very good thing.

I recently purchased a Compact Diskrack from them. After using it a few times, I can honestly say that this is a great product. The quality is first rate, with high quality stainless steel and plastics, and the components, from the utensil holder (which is removable, making rinsing silverware a much easier task) to the cup and optional wine glass holders, are really great touches. Their customer service is also excellent. When my dishrack arrived with a broken cup holder, a quick web site submission and a matter of hours was all it took to get them to send me a replacement, no questions asked.

Gushing about a dishrack, of all things? I know, but SimpleHuman is an example of a great company with great design, so I thought I'd share my experience with the readers here.

Perusing their website, I find lots of gadgets I plan to buy. From one of their recycling solutions to a grocery bag holder their stuff just looks like it will make your kitchen better.

We don't have any kind of referral or affiliate relationship with them. I just really like their products. If you find yourself ordering something from them, just tell them you read about it on MacGourmet.com on the order from.

1 Comments:

At 11/20/2005 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have its big brother in my apartment. It's comforting to see I made a good choice in dish-racks (that, and it just plain works well for me). I chose a different metaphor for it, referring to it as the Maserati of dish-racks.

(Note: Apple's spell-checker wants to change the name of the fancy car company to "Macerate." Oh, fun!)

I have one complaint about the flip-top one: it's large. In an apartment with limited countertop space, it has a very aggressive footprint. But in its defense, tonight it's loaded wall-to-wall with wet things...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home




For help or comments: macgourmet [at] advenio.com.