MacGourmet News


MacGourmet news, recipes and announcements


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MacGourmet for iPad? Yes!


I've had a lot of requests for information on an iPad version of MacGourmet, so I thought I'd do a quick post on it.

Will there be an iPad version of MacGourmet? Yes, I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that there is. The fact that an iPhone version of MacGourmet already exists helps a lot, but my plan isn't to just make a warmed over version of the iPhone version. No, my goal is to make a version of MacGourmet specifically for the iPad, the same way that Apple is making iPad versions of the iWork apps available for it. The iPad provides a lot more functionality than the iPhone, and I want to take advantage of that.

To do all this though, I really want to get one into my hot little hands first, so that I can design everything for it just right. There is also the matter of building a better way to get information to and from the mobile versions (web-based instead of the current Bonjour-based system) so that you can edit your data anywhere, which is something I've already been working on for both the iPad and iPhone.

So, long story short, yes indeed, I'm planning an iPad version of MacGourmet. Stay tuned to this space for updates.




For help or comments: macgourmet [at] advenio.com.